Use this service to:
apply for a Disabled Reduction
If a disabled person lives in your property and the property has certain features, which are of major importance to the well being of the disabled person, you may qualify for a reduction in your Council Tax. Having a disability does not automatically entitle you to a reduction.
The property must be the main home of at least one disabled person. This can be an adult or a child - it does not have to be the person responsible for paying the Council Tax.
You may qualify for a reduction if you or anyone else living in the property is substantially and permanently disabled and the property has at least one of the following features:
● a room other than a bathroom, kitchen or toilet which the person with a disability uses and needs
● an extra bathroom or kitchen needed for the person with a disability. The extra bathroom must be a full bathroom containing a bath or shower - a downstairs toilet and basin does not qualify.
● the person with a disability needs to use a wheelchair in the property and there is enough floor space to allow for this
Completion takes around 5 minutes.
Before you start you will need:
● Your Council Tax account number
● Photos of the room and adaptations if you wish to upload these with your application.
If you need help completing this form please contact 01642 397108.
Your personal information will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018. For information about how we use your information, please view our Privacy Notice